Thursday, March 31, 2011

I Smell Spring

Most people have a favorite time of year. Do you? Maybe its the picturesque summer season when you can sit outside at night and watch for fireflies and shooting stars. Maybe you live for brisk fall days when you can crunch all the crisp red leaves on a walk in the park. Then there are the people who wait all year until the Christmas edition of fudge covered Oreos hit the shelves- have you been caught sneaking a taste while waiting in line?. Or perhaps, you love the first warm day when you can finally take your dog for a walk without wearing 14 layers of clothes.

Personally, I have four favorite seasons. Thats right. Spring. Summer. Winter. Fall. Its true, I love them all! I simply can't choose! I just love the transition- I think it's the anticipation of something new. Right now I am basking in the glory of Spring. Every time I walk out of my house there is a new flower blooming and about 10,000 new shades of green. Driving through my neighborhood at sunset literally takes my breath away. I'm sure the five or six antsy drivers behind me don't appreciate my enthusiasm- I cant help but slam on my breaks to get another glimpse of the sun dipping behind the perfectly pink sky. I'll drive faster in June, okay?

But my point is this: I find it impossible to look outside without being reminded that life is full of potential. That today is a new day, and the only day we are promised, and it is our job to live it well. No one has to tell the lilies to bloom- they just do! No one has to remind the grass to turn green again- it just does! No one has to invite the sky to turn such a vibrant shade of blue- it is honored to!

But we have to be reminded that there is hope. That we serve a purpose in the world too. That God has given each of us a clean slate to start again. Look outside and be reminded!

This spring season grow where you are.

Embrace the day you have been given.

And live a life full of stories that are worth being told.

No comments:

Post a Comment