Sunday, September 12, 2010

Junk In My Trunk

It was 7:30am on a Saturday, there was a 70% chance of rain, and my bed felt ever so cozy; nothing could convince me to move. My alarm clock, however, was quite determined to get me up- I had plans. Big plans. I was supposed to go to the neighborhood garage sales with my good friend, Jaime.

I hit snooze.

I texted Jaime, “are you sure you want to go…I think it is about to rain…” Please back out. Please back out. Please back out!!!

I made up reasons not to go. (I can’t spend money. Where am I going to put everything that I buy? What am I even looking for? I sneezed yesterday- maybe I’m getting sick!)

I gave up the fight at about 7:48, finally got out of bed, and headed straight for the coffee pot. And I’m so glad I got up!

Jaime and I shopped out little hearts out until noon, bargaining and buying as much as we could fit in her car. Basically, everything we bought needs a bit of TLC, but considering we didn’t spend more than $10 on a single item, I’d say we did pretty good! And can I just say, it is amazing what some people are willing to sell for a dollar. On the other hand, it is also amazing what people think they can sell, even for a dollar. Ziploc brand plastic-ware? Baby dolls missing arms and legs? USED BATHING SUITES? Thanks, but no thanks…

Anyway, the point of the story is that about 10:30am Jaime and I were carrying a huge rod iron candleholder back to her car when we realized it was going to be hard to find a place for it. As she clicked to open up the trunk of her car I yelled, “I’ve got junk in my trunk!!!” I thought it was funny…Jaime thought it was funny…everyone else seemed to think it was just strange. Bummer. Ha! Get it? BUMmer? Ok, ok, I’ll stop writing now…

…right after I tell you that you should always appreciate your own sense of humor-laugh at yourself. Even when other people don’t laugh with you. Especially when other people are laughing at you.

1 comment:

  1. I loved garage "sailing" with you. Haha you "come sail away with me" anytime and I will bargain and haggle for you. I love your humor. You are a fantastic friend, and I love you very much!

    ReplyDelete