Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Prof's Pants

Every MWF I get a text message from one of my dear friends who, instead of taking notes in class, takes a picture of her professor who wears the most ridiculous pants. Every time he turns to write something on the board she snaps a picture on her phone and sends it my way. Now, it’s true, she should probably be writing down whatever he puts on the board instead of texting, but in her defense, I wouldn’t be able to pay attention either. Or take a single thing he says seriously.

I’d like to share these pictures because they really do brighten my day (pun intended) and because he clearly wants to draw attention to himself. Well buddy, congrats, your pants are making their internet debut!

But first, I must preface. 1) I know the picture quality is bad (clearly she doesn’t have an iphone 4 haha) but you can still see well enough to laugh 2) I wondered if blogging about this was slightly tacky, but this man clearly has a sense of humor…and to respect some of his privacy I have intentionally left off which friend gave this to me, and which school he teaches at. So, don’t feel guilty laughing at this one, okay?

The first text I received from her simply said, “No joke my prof is wearing pale yellow pants and we can all see his white and green polka dot boxers!!! I can’t focus at all!!!” I laughed, thinking it was funny and unusual. Little did I know about unusual…

The next text: “my profs pants are pink and white sear sucker today!!! They’re not see through though:(“ who knew she would actually be sad she couldn’t see through his pants- sounds like an answer to prayer to me!

Then the picture texts started…

“Christmas came early with this outfit…he had on read and white candy cane stripped linen pants (he was wearing dark green boxers- they aren’t visible here but the def were in class)”

"Quit pants"

“I don’t even know what to say…today his pants are lime green”

Then there was cowboy day. “Today his pants are grey with a lovely design of maroon cowboy boots sprinkled sporadically throughout”

"Today he wore a pink shirt with green pants with white sword fish embroidered on them. He was also wearing a matching green bow tie” Of course he was!

You know what the best part of all of this is? He announced to the class last week that they could receive extra credit on their midterm if they could list off the shapes he had worn on his pants…does picture texts count as a cheat sheet or sheer luck? Either way, she better have gotten an A!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the end of this post. Just makes everything worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is HILARIOUS! Love love love.

    ReplyDelete