Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Waco Breakup List: Rreasons 17-19

My crazy friend, Caroline, who I love to the moon and back, called me the other day and said, “Mer, why am I not at the top of the Waco list on your blog? I’m not even on there at all! Seriously, don’t you love me at all?”

I was like, “Care, are you really asking me why you are not on the list of things that I hate about Waco? Really?”

“Ya! I wanna be on the list…oh wait…what? It’s a list of the things you hate? Oh, never mind. Ya, I though it was a list of things you loved. Oops.”

So, to Caroline and all of my other dear friends, thanks for so meticulously reading my blog;)

Anyways, what else do I not miss about Waco? Hmm…

17) Having to endure the ever-present construction and traffic on I35 in Hillsboro- I know I only had a two-hour drive from Dallas to school, but on a bad day, Hillsboro could easily turn it into a three hour drive. Unless it is the Sunday after Thanksgiving- then it is at least a four-hour drive, but usually five. Basically, it is the drive that makes you need a vacation after your vacation.

While we are on the subject of the drive to Waco, I have the perfect reason to list for number 18…

18) The Itasca Police Department. One of the lovely officers from that grand town clocked me going 18 MPH (get it? 18 for number 18? I know, I’m just too funny) over the speed limit on my last drive home as a college kid. No joke, My mom and I were squished into my Jeep that was filled to the brim, and I was physically and emotionally exhausted from a long day of packing. Officer what’s-his-face was the last thing I needed. In my defense, I thought the speed limit was 75…okay, fine, 70. I had no clue it was really 65. So, 78 really wasn’t that bad…right? He did not agree with me. I even gave him my sad-sob-story about how I was moving home from college while I let a few crocodile tears slip out of my eyes. He didn’t care. What a sweet going away present! Thanks, I35.

19) Having to use Time Warner Cable. I know, TWC everywhere, not just Waco, but at my apartment complex, it was my only option. One of these days I am going to give TWC a full lesson on the meaning of customer service. I will leave it at that because I know you don’t want to read a bitter rant about terrible customer service. But mostly, I’ll drop it because if you have TWC, you know what I am talking about. Nevertheless, it stands firmly as my number 19 choice.

Wow, only one spot left in my top 20! I know just the story to choose. Some might say I saved the best for last- check back at the end of the week to find out what it is. As for now, I’ll give you a hint: It has to do with me, another police officer, and one of the most embarrassing things that has ever happened to me…in Waco.

No comments:

Post a Comment